As much as we love PRINCE2®, we will admit that the PRINCE2 manual can be a bit dry!
We've put together a PRINCE2 Crossword to Download to help enliven your revision a bit!
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE CROSSWORD: Read through the statements in this PRINCE2 Crossword Revision post.
You can also download the solution to check your answers at the bottom of the revision post (but no cheating please)!!
We're committed to making learning PRINCE2 as easy and enjoyable as possible - so before you attend one of our PRINCE2 courses we provide a comprehensive pre-course workbook which contains loads of quizzes and guidance to make preparing for the course as interactive as we can.
Why not also try our Interactive PRINCE2 Quiz (you'll need Flash for this).
15 Jul 2011
Read (and memorise as many as you can!) all of the following statements about PRINCE2®.
Then download our PRINCE2 crossword and see how many you've remembered!
- A project is a unique series of actions designed to accomplish a unique goal.
- The Project brief is the first key document in PRINCE2’s prescribed method for starting up a project.
- A project is defined as a temporary organisation, created to deliver one or more business products based on and agreed Business Case.
- The Project Manager will spend most of their time on the Controlling a Stage process which describes the day to day monitoring and control activities for the project.
- The Project Initiation document collates most of the documents from the SU (Starting up a Project) and IP (Initiating a Project) processes.
- The Project Initiation Documents, including the Project Plan are part of the Initiating a Project process which examines the justification for the project.
- The pre-project process that gathers the necessary data to start a project is the Start up a Project process.
- The process that provides a controlled way to complete a stage and plan the next one is Managing a Stage Boundary.
- Information is provided to the Project Board at the end of each stage about the current status of a project as part of the Managing a Stage Boundary process.
- The project’s Products are delivered as part of the Managing Product Delivery process.
- There can be up to four outputs from the Managing Product Delivery process.
- Delivery of the products and preparation for project closure are part of the Closing a Project process.
- All the products defined in the Project Plan are listed in order of importance in the Product Breakdown Structure.
- The Team Manager creates a Team Plan to plan the project team’s activities. This is agreed with the Project Manager.
- Information from upper management, outlining what is required from the project is contained in the Project Mandate.
- The time from the start of the project and the close of the project and acceptance of the product is known as the Project Lifecycle.
- The Project Board must be given an Exception Plan if a stage is expected to go out of the agreed tolerance.
- The method and frequency that information is exchanged is defined in the Communication Management Strategy.
- The Project Board approves the completion of a stage and authorises the start of the next stage during the Directing a Project process.
- The Project Manager creates a regular Highlight Report for the Project Board to provide information on the process of each stage. This is produced on a time-driven frequency, e.g.: every two weeks.
- The Project Board’s 2nd control point and 2nd activity is Authorising the Project.
- Work Packages are allocated to the Team Leaders by the Project Manager.
- The Team Manager provides Checkpoint Reports to the Project Manager, based on the regular team meetings.
- A grouping of a certain set of techniques used in the development of the product is known as a Technical Stage.
15 Jul 2011
With that in mind, we thought we'd put together a handy table outlining the main differences, as well as our thoughts on which people and positions that are best suited to each course.
Hopefully, it will make your decision that little bit easier when booking your PRINCE2 Training, although if you're still struggling to decide, our sales team are always on hand to help!
So what are the main differences?
24 Apr 2013
We have two free PRINCE2® eBooks to help you prepare for and pass your exams, click the links below to download and start learning:
This eBook will take you through the PRINCE2 methods of managing a project from start to finish. A great PRINCE2 revision guide.
This eBook will help you prepare for your PRINCE2 Pratitioner Exam.
These are excellent free PRINCE2 Training revision guide to help you prepare for your exam and can be downloaded on your computer, mobile and tablet to carry around where you need them.
Our PRINCE2 eBooks have been written by our expert PRINCE2 trainers, drawing on years of experience.
PRINCE2 is a structured method for effective project management. It is the standard used extensively by the UK Government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. Silicon Beach Training provides a range of PRINCE2 Trainingcourses in Brighton, Sussex, including PRINCE2 Practitioner Training and PRINCE2 Foundation Training.
For more resources like these visit our PRINCE2 Resources section.
PRINCE2, the method, is in the public domain, offering non-proprietary best-practice guidance on project management. PRINCE2 is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
18 Nov 2010
Apple to Sue Medical Firms Over Use Of "Eye Pad"Written by:
Aaron CharliePosted date:
16 Jun 2020
Topics Covered In CCNA CoursesWritten by:
Luke SmithPosted date:
25 Jul 2017
PRINCE2 and its global versatilityWritten by:
Gary MurphyPosted date:
11 Jul 2017
PRINCE2 2017: What you Need to KnowWritten by:
Elizabeth SandwellPosted date:
26 Jun 2017